Summer fashion is loved by everyone and so are summers! I am one person who can’t keep up with summers and to me it doesn’t matter how great summers are for fashion or trying new trends. The reason is I sweat so much that by the time I get ready in stylish summer clothes I am already drenched. The sticky hair and skin is the reason I can’t keep up with summers and hence I don’t like summers at all.
But India is a tropical country and we have to face the heat! And moreover the rains add a cherry on the cake, humidity. Gosh! The heat with that added humidity is the most dreaded time of the summer for me. So what do I do! What are my summer hacks or tips for people like me?
- Choose non-clingy clothes if you sweat a lot, go for flared dresses, boxy tops, go for trousers instead of skinny jeans.
- Go for breathable fabrics like cottons and linens (I swear by them!).
- Keep your makeup minimal on a daily basis, avoid foundation if possible. Let your skin breathe!
- Carry a face mist or a face wipe in your bag.
- If you sweat a lot always carry a deodorant.
- Tie you hair into a top knot or a bun and avoid limp open hair which look absolutely like a fashion faux pas.
- Wear headbands or scarves for setting down your baby hair. They look chic as well!
- Choose slip-ons or mules. Sneakers look great but try to avoid if you are stepping out in the direct sun.
- Ok, this is nothing new, always use a sunscreen!
- Wear light and soothing colors or pastels colors, they will cool you down!
- Never ever compromise on comfort for fashion. You will always look fashionable and effortless if you are comfortable!
So this is how I keep up with summers! Check out my look here to give you a glimpse of what I mean. I am wearing a yellow cotton boxy top with a cream linen baggy pants. I kept my hair tied up into a low-knot bun since the weather was quite humid. Simple finishing touches with black jutti and a pair of silver-tone earrings just elevated this summery look!
Comment below if you are also same as me!
Live & Love,
Top and pants – Ajio