Sometimes we get bored of making same old shahi paneer, kadhai paneer for dinner parties, so this recipe can be a new addition to your menu. I tried it some time back when I just wanted to use beetroot kept in my refrigerator in a different way. This dish has goodness of protein, vitamin A and fibre with a touch of South Indian flavor.
- Paneer (cubed) – 200 g
- Boiled rajma – 1 cup
- Beetroot (grated) – ½ cup
- Coconut milk – ¼ cup
- Onions (sliced) – 2
- Green chilles (chopped) – 3
- Ginger (chopped) – ½” piece
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Mustard sauce – 2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander powder – ½ tsp
- Red chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Water – ½ cup
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Soak the rajma overnight (5 hours) . Boil it in pressure cooker (1/2 hour) with water & salt. Drain the water and keep boiled rajma aside.
- In a heated wok add oil, allow the oil to heat and then add mustard seeds to splutter.
- Now add sliced onions and saute well, do not brown them.
- Add curry leaves, chopped ginger & green chillies.
- Saute all ingredients together.
- Now add mustard sauce & mix well.
- Add grated beetroot, followed by seasoning salt, cumin powder, coriander powder red chilli powder. Mix well.
- Add boiled rajma, followed by water and coconut milk, cook on low flame for sometime till gravy slightly thickens.
- Now add paneer cubes (paneer kept in hot water to soften), mix well with gravy.
- Continue to cook for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Know that: Instead of paneer you can also use soya chunks or potato!
Enjoy with parathas!
Live & Love,