You might be wondering why I gave this recipe a DIY title! As you will actually do everything yourself. Usually people buy ready made crackers and then top it off as they want. But I can assure, once you make them yourself, you will not purchase from market again! Having said that, this recipe is a stunner (literally), it looks so gorgeous when you finally serve it. Crackers are a hit with guests and if you want to flaunt your skills, this is a recipe to go for.
So lets begin!
- Refined flour – 1 cup
- Butter (salted) – 5o g
- Powdered sugar (optional) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – A pinch
- Water for kneading – 1/4 cup
- Hung curd – 1/3 cup
- Pomegranate – 1/3 cup
- Chopped apple – 1/3 cup
- Cucumber – 1/3 cup
- Jamaican jerk seasoning (optional) – 1/4 tsp or as per taste
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp
- Salt- As per taste
- Cheese slices- for topping
- Tamarind sauce – 1/2 tsp
- Tomato sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Mustard sauce – few drops
- Coriander leaves – For garnishing
- In a bowl take refined flour, add salt, powdered sugar and butter (should be solid and not melted).
- Mix the butter with all ingredients with fingers, until the texture looks like breadcrumb.
- Now add water gradually and knead into a stiff dough.
- Cover the dough and keep in refrigerator for 30 min.
- Take the dough and roll it on floured slab with a rolling pin.
- Cut into shapes (of your choice) with knife and prick each piece with fork.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Place each piece of cracker on tray.
- After preheating, place the tray in oven and bake for 20 min.
- Take out the crackers and allow to cool.
- You can store the crackers in air tight containers and use whenever you want.
- In a bowl take hung curd, add pomegranate, cucumber, apples and mix well.
- Now add tamarind sauce, chilli flakes, jamaican jerk seasoning, salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- In another bowl take tomato sauce and add few drops of mustard sauce and keep aside.
- Keep your cheese slices at room temperature, while you prepare the rest.
- Take the cracker base, top off with hung curd mixture, followed by tomato sauce, then put a small strip of cheese or crumbled cheese on top.
- To melt the cheese microwave at 100% for 5-10 secs.
- Garnish with coriander and add more tomato sauce on top.
Relish these crackers with your guests!
Know that: While preparing cracker dough, if the dough becomes too soft then add more flour and knead again, also keep in refrigerator for a longer time.
It may look like a lengthy process, but believe me if your crackers are pre-prepared, it is really simple!
Hope you like this DIY recipe! Leave your comments below.
Live & Love,