Summers call for refreshing shakes, juices, and smoothies! So I thought to put together a few smoothie recipes for you. Smoothie is a cousin to a milkshake, but the word sounds more fashionable (isn’t it!). The base of a smoothie can be a juice, milk, yogurt or lassi and sometimes it is only fruits blended together. I will put up a 3 series of smoothie recipes to beat this heat.
So this smoothie is made of chia seeds which are an excellent superfood and cucumber.
- Chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants and have high fiber content which aids digestions.
- Cucumber is an excellent summer food, it is high in moisture content and keeps your body hydrated and cool.
The base of the smoothie is a pomegranate juice. So let us blend it together!
- Cucumber (deseeded)- 1
- Chia seeds – 1 tsp
- Pomegranate juice (Tropicana or any brand) – 1/2 cup
- Pomegranate seeds for sprinkling
- Honey (optional)
- Ice cubes – 3 to 4
- In a food processor jar add cucumber, chia seeds, pomegranate juice and ice cubes. Grind until well blended.
- Serve in a glass with lots of pomegranate seeds sprinkled over. Drizzle honey for a light sweet flavor.
Know that: You can also add Jaggery water instead of honey for a sweet flavor.
Hope you enjoy this easy and refreshing smoothie. If you have any tip or different recipe please share below.
And yes keep checking the space for my next smoothie recipe!
Live & Love,