Baking is something which all cooking enthusiast love! It requires some skill and love to dish out a perfectly baked recipe. While I say that, I will also admit that I don’t have a sweet tooth (yess). I am a moody dessert eater (is that correct?), when I crave for dessert it has to be bitter sweet always, be it cakes, brownies or cupcakes (but that craving is very rare!). Last week this craving resurfaced so I baked these bitter sweet Blueberry mocha cupcakes. All you bitter sweet lovers check this out!
- Refined flour- 1 cup
- Cocoa powder- 1/4 cup
- Coffee powder- 1 Tbsp
- Baking powder- 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 50 g
- Eggs- 2
- Vanilla essence- 1/4 tsp
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Cream- 200mL
- Powdered sugar – 3 tsp (can also use icing sugar)
- Cocoa powder – 1/2 tsp
- Blueberry – for topping
- Set the oven at 180 degree celsius for preheating.
- Take cupcake tins, grease and line them with butter paper and keep aside.
- Sieve refined flour, cocoa powder, coffee powder, baking powder together.
- In a separate bowl cream butter and sugar together.
- Beat the eggs until frothy. Add vanilla essence to eggs.
- Now add eggs to butter mixture. Mix well.
- Gradually add this mixture to refined flour. Cut and fold the mixture.
- If the mixture is thick, add water.
- Pour the mixture into cupcake tins and bake at 180 degree celsius for 20-22 mins (cooking time can vary from oven to oven). Check the cupcakes by inserting a tooth pick or knife at centre, it should come out clean if baked.
- Take out the cupcake after baking, allow them to cool completely before applying the icing.
- Beat the cream with powdered or icing sugar and cocoa powder until thick and fluffy (check for soft peaks). Use an electric blender, as manual blending takes time. You beat the cream by keep over ice bath for faster results.
- Take a piping bag and put the cream mixture inside it.
- I flattened the top of cupcake by cutting with a knife, for putting the icing (optional step).
- You can make any design of your choice, sprinkle the blueberries or put in required design. Relish your cupcakes with a cup of tea or coffee or whatever!
Know that: You can use raspberry, blackberries, pomegranates or nuts instead of blueberries for topping.
Live & Love,