The season of beetroot is here and one must try to incorporate this healthy vegetable in as many dishes as possible. My version is not that healthy because I wanted to create a winter snack for my guests. But there are many other ways you can use this vegetable like in idli, paranthas, sandwiches, sauteed vegetables, salads and juices.
What beetroot offers you: It is rich in beta carotene, folic acid, manganese, iron, B-complex vitamins and so much more. It is high in fibre and has zero cholesterol. So, is beneficial for heart patients, diabetics and in general health conscious persons. To enjoy it’s maximum health benefit, have it steamed or raw in salads.
Now my not so healthy winter snack!
Beetroot & cheese balls
- Grated beetroot – 1 cup
- Boiled potato – 2
- Mozarella cheese (small cubes) – For filling
- Finely chopped onion- 1
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Garam masala – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Corn flour – 1 Tbsp
- Oil – For deep frying
- Fresh coriander – A few sprigs
- Take all the ingredients together in a bowl except cheese and oil.
- Mix and mash well.
- Now take some of this mixture and fill with cheese. Seal it properly to make balls.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry all the balls till golden red in color.
- Serve with coriander chutney (recipe given in my previous blog).
Know that: Cheese should be at room temperature and not frozen, as it will not melt properly while frying.
I hope you enjoy this snack!
Live & Love,